Saturday, January 22, 2011

1/9/11

ok, so i just did 26.2!  yes, my goal was to finish (goal 1) with a smile (goal 2) in under 6 hours (goal 3) which i did (5:58:48, and technically i was tearing up, but they were tears of joy and the pictures show a smile). so why is there such a let down.  and if anyone in cyberspace is reading this, i'm not looking for encouragement, just trying to get to the bottom of these feelings.  i should be on cloud nine, but i feel like there's something missing.  is it that the training is over and there's nothing to look forward to, maybe. did i give it my best, no. and i think there it is.  i was so concerned with "just finishing is an accomplishment" that i'm afraid i didn't dig deep enough.  what am i really able to capable of doing?  i'm totally proud of myself for getting out of my box & doing something i never thought i would consider, but can i do it better (that's something else that's new - i'm not one to redo something if it's not perfect, and i'm not looking for perfection, but i felt so good afterwards that i'm wondering if i just coasted and didn't really try).  anyway, hubby wants to try another 26.2 so we may be working towards another in october.  we'll see

1 comment:

  1. I have the post run blahs too. I read in Galloway's book and in Runner's World it is very very common after a marathon to have all those feelings. They both recommend picking a new goal (whether it be another marathon, a half, a tri, etc) as quickly as possible. I think part of it is, you miss me! (: I am annoyed that I did not time how long it actually took us to run. With our potty lines and biofreeze stops, we lost at least 30 minutes!
    Still, it was out first. For you, your biggest hurdle was thinking "I CAN'T." You proved you could. Next race you will have a different hurdle.

    ReplyDelete